Friday, December 14, 2012

Spreading Christmas Cheer: Recipe for the weekend

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Boy has it been quite the week. My head can't stop pinning but I cannot wait for the festivities this weekend! I wanted to share with you my favorite cookie recipe that I make for all of those near and dear to me over the holidays. It's my way of sharing some love with everyone.

Peanut Butter Balls:
(makes about 100)

They seem quite simple but it does take a lot out of you after you make about 300 or 400 each year :)

1 Stick of Butter or margarine
18oz of chunky peanut butter
1 box of confectioners sugar
3-31/2 cups of rice crispies
1/4 stick of parafin or vegetable shortening
18oz of milk or dark chocolate

Soften the stick of butter and add in the peanut butter, box of sugar and mix well. Add in the rice crispies and have mixed well roll into balls. Refrigerate. Melt 18oz of chocolate and parafin. Dip balls in chocolate, and freeze for 5-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!



My co-workers at work call these "crack balls" because of the amounts of sugar. They are absolutely delicious!

I wish everyone a fabulous weekend! I hope you all get out to celebrate with those you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment