Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Recap: Sue Babe in CHI

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had a great time with my Mom this past weekend and we were walking fools! Here is a little taste of what we were up to. I hope everyone was able to try some of the new things I suggested around the city.

First Stop: Chicago Science and Industry Museum
Big Train in the entrance



 Trees around the world exhibit




 Charlie Brown Exhibit



It was my first time at the S&I museum and I highly recommend it. I used to think that it was just way too far south for me to get to without a car but the Red line and 6,10 & 2 buses take you right there. There is no excuse not to make it to the museum and the Charlie Brown exhibit before the holidays are over. It was so nice learning about Schulz and the creation of all of the characters. Brought back all of the inner kid in all of us!

We then spent some good time walking around State Street and ventured into Macy's to see their beautiful Tree.

We walked all the way home from Macy's and stopped into a few stores along the way including my favorite, Nordstrom. We stumbled upon the best sweater that everyone should own. I will have to post a picture and the details later this week but it is the perfect travel and snuggling sweater. Great for layering.


Sue Babe and I tried out the Pump Room on Friday night. I love their cocktails, appetizers and ambiance but the rest I could skip. I'll be back there to have a few drinks at the bar for sure!

Saturday we had another big day of walking and exploring the One of a Kind show in the Merch Mart. It was great to sample everything and take a look at all of the fabulous jewelry and inventions.  I'll share some of my favorites this week as well so you can check them out!

Saturday night we tried out Bavette's Bar and Boeuf which was delicious! The food was outstanding and the atmosphere is just divine  You feel as though you're back in the 20's. I highly recommend checking it out, especially if you're a big Boeuf fan :)

Sunday was a typical, gross day filled with lots of rain. That didn't stop Sue Babe and I because we walked the most yesterday! We headed up north to my all-time favorite breakfast spot Toast. We got an early start and were there just before 9am and if we had been any later I don't think we would have been so lucky. Toast is the perfect breakfast spot but because of it's popularity it's almost impossible to get in on the weekends after a certain time. We filled our bellies up with Pepper Eggs, Toast and a taste of their Gingerbread Pancakes and hit the pavement. We were in search of a new sleeper sofa to replace my current one that we purchased almost 4 years ago.

We were lucky enough to stumble upon the one below in Pottery Barn and I think it was meant to be. This beauty if being delivered this week and will be all set for all my upcoming visitors! No more crazy times trying to pullout and put back the old one. This bed is almost better than my actual bed!



If only we had this couch to watch all of our Homeland episodes this weekend! Last night was so intense I could hardly sleep! I can't believe the season finale is this weekend. I might have to keep watching the whole season over and over again until it comes back.

It was such a fun Mom-Daughter weekend and it went by way too fast! I love having my Mom in town. Thank goodness I'll be heading back east in less than two weeks and then heading off to vacation with the whole Family. Hears to two more weeks of work! We can do it! Have a fabulous day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment