Thursday, October 25, 2012

Arch Apothecary

Hello Everyone! I must apologize for being so late posting today and also for the subject matter. While most ladies will find it helpful this is not a fun topic for the guys. I promise that my next post with entertain both!

If you're not already aware it has been 75 and sunny for the past three days here in Chicago. It's been absolutely pure heaven :) While I had the intentions to try out the Water Taxi yesterday, I opted for a wonderful stroll home from work. Walking home is one of my favorite things to do after a hectic day at the office. The walk is about two miles and is so enjoyable especially when the weather is just right.

My friend and I decided to talk a different route home and we discovered so many new places to try! I will add them into my notes to make sure we cover them here. We took Wells Street all the way North from the River (in case anyone wants to try). We stumbled upon a great Irish Pub (Brehon Pub), as well as some new restaurants to try. I cannot wait to try them all.

While walking, I remembered about this Eye Brow shaping bar that had been highly recommended to me by a good friend. Since it was also on Wells, and as it turns out, just two blocks from my apartment building I thought I should give it a whirl.

Arch Apothecary on N Wells is the cutest shop specializing in Beauty, Styling and Brows owned by a true Chicagoan. I haven't tended to my brows professionally in awhile so I stepped in to see what the place was all about. There was no one in the store when I walked in around 6:00 pm but was quickly greeted by Vanessa. She was so bubbly and excited to get started. I sat down on the high chair while she gathered her tools. The makeup displayed all around is absolutely divine. I wanted to get everything done. Of course I'll save that for another day but they definitely have a lot to offer us ladies.  



As Vanessa was getting ready to fill me on what she wished to do, I quickly realized that I was not slacking in the eye brow beauty department. She quickly drew the lines as seen above and below and explained each and how they should all fit within your face. Thank goodness I wasn't too far off, but I still turned red, embarrassed for not being a proper lady and knowing all of this.




Vanessa was pretty speedy and I was done in about 10 minutes. She was such a sweetheart and made my brows perfect. While she was waxing she was telling me about the private make-up parties that you can host in the store along with some of the other new brands that they carry. For $20 you can walk out with perfectly shaped brows just like Natalie's below :)




Check out Vanessa and all that the Arch Apothecary has to offer at their location on Wells along with in Rockford, IL. Here is the link if you want to get a sneak peak: http://www.archapothecary.com/


I hope to have quite the entertaining post for you tomorrow. 
Wish me Luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment