Monday, October 29, 2012

Quick & Easy Chicken Recipe

Happy Monday everyone! As always the weekend flew by but only because of all of the good times that were had. I hope everyone was able to get out and celebrate in the Halloween fun.  Today I want to introduce you to some of my go-to food blogs. I love looking through all of the recipes and try a little something new from all of them.

My all time favorite has to be  Whit's Amuse Bouche. Whitney is one of my good friends and her cooking skills are out of this world! Her blog is the best spot for cooking, booze and DIY projects. I highly recommend checking out Whit's blog, you will not be disappointed.


Now my dream would be to cook like Whitney every night but I'm not sure how she does it. I like to plan dinners on Sundays, in between watching football and running errands.  It's tough making dinner for just one but there are simple recipes that you can make on Sunday to have for the week. This is definitely one of those. This is the Juicy Parmesan-Crusted Baked Chicken from another one of the food blogs I follow Shrinking kitchen. This an easy, quick chicken recipe that adds a little extra to your typical baked chicken.

Here is the recipe:


Gather


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4 pounds
1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

Step by step
  1. Preheat oven 425˚F.
  2. Place greek yogurt and cheese in a small bowl and mix.
  3. Put chicken breasts on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy) and spread yogurt mixture evenly atop each.
  4. Next evenly sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each breast.
  5. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165˚F.
  6. Tops will be golden brown and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
  7. Season with a dash of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, if desired.
Nutrition
WW PP 5; Calories 227.7; Total 4.0g; Saturated Fat 1.8g; Monounsaturated Fat 1.0g; Cholesterol 87.1mg; Sodium 301mg; Potassium 406.3mg; Carbs 6.5g; Fiber 05g; Sugars 1.5g; Protein 38.8g


I recommend trying it out sometime! Before I head out for the day I would like to leave you with a great party recipe, as we're in the 8th week of Football season. It's another quick and easy recipe that is so yummy!

Skinny Taco Dip
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip  Old Points: 1.5 pts  Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g  Protein: 2.2 g  Carb: 4.7 g  Fiber: 0.6 g  

  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz black olives,
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning andmix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

Check out more of Gina's recipes at her blog: Skinny Taste (another one of my favorites)



No comments:

Post a Comment