Monday, October 22, 2012

Grass Fed Review

Happy Monday Everyone! Today I have the pleasure of telling you about a new spot that I tried on Saturday. My friend Whitney was in town from Denver for a food blog competition. Please check out her and her fabulous blog: http://whitsamusebouche.com/

After her long day of competing was over, we celebrated with a dinner at Grass Fed.


It's the cutest ambiance and has the menu listed on a blackboard behind the bar. I had not heard of this little gem before but Laura made the reso based on the reviews and we headed over. Now, Laura is a veggie and this place is a Steakhouse. Little did we know that the menu that was given to us when we sat down just said "$25 Steak Fix Menu".

Looking at the above, Whit and I both looked at Laura and asked if she wanted to leave. Luckily we were saved by our wonderful server and she explained that all of the specials and alternative options are posted on the blackboard daily. There is a Chicken, Mussels and veggie options in case you do not want Steak and everything comes with a starter salad, fresh homemade bread and their delicious fries.




The three of us decided to stay and enjoy. When you go make sure to try their delicious cocktails. I read a review on Yelp about the "Bucktown Mule" and it was everything that I was hoping for and more. It comes in the most adorable 8 oz bottle and poured into an overflowing glass of the biggest ice cubes. They do drinks right.

Whit and I both decided on the steak and Laura selected two sides of the seasonal Kale and Beet Ravioli. She highly recommends both options and the steak was very tasty, especially with the house fries and the jalapeno infused ketchup that accompanies. 

I saved the best part for last and so did they! We were finishing up our glasses of wine when the waitress asked if we wanted any dessert. Their three daily desserts are also posted on the blackboard. We decided we'd give one thing a try and I'm so glad we did. 



The three of us devoured the toasted mini-marshmallows, graham cracker cookies and warmed milk chocolate. This was by far the best part of the meal. I would send people just for this dessert. We even asked for spoons to finish up the remains of the chocolate. It was just too good not to.

Overall it was a fabulous girls night filled with lots of laughs, catching up and the best dessert I've had in quite some time. I recommend going if you want to try something new in the neighborhood or just looking for a steak that is very reasonably priced. I've also read that on Monday's they have Burger Night. I might have to go back on a Monday just to try that out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment