Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Donating: Andonaka Well Project - Madagascar


Happy Hump Day Everyone!!

I'm so thankful to hear that all my friends and family are safe on the East Coast! Thank you to everyone for your texts and messages!!

Many of our friends have been fortunate to take jobs across the globe to give back. My biggest dream would be to go away for a year and do the same but that's still on the check-list at this point :)

While I cannot be there actually helping out in the village I wanted to do my best while I'm here in Chicago. My oldest friend, Bryan is in Madagascar and has been for the past year and a half. He's been helping to aid the village in improving their over all lifestyle. Since he's been out there he's taught the men how to fish to supply more food for their families and now he's building a well for the village. This well will supply 1,500 people with fresh water. 




There are tons of times when you receive facebook invites to help donate to one charity or another, but they do really make a difference. Bryan had to raise a total of $550 to fund the building of this well. He was able to raise the money in record time last week and he's emailed to say they're starting on the project ASAP.

It's a great feeling to give back and I encourage everyone to do their part. You can learn more about future projects here:  Andonaka Well Project - Madagascar

Please join in their effort to make clean water and effective sanitation available to everyone on this planet!


No comments:

Post a Comment