Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Recap

Happy Friday Everyone!

My sincere apologies for being so lame this week and having only two posts! I will make sure that doesn't start to be a new thing :)

I have a few new things to share with you that I've managed to squeeze in with my hectic week of work! Last week the boss of my company asked me to completely change teams. It was a shock to both me and my direct Manager. I've been on KC for a year and a half and know the ins and outs but apparently the president has different visions in mind for me. He asked that I start my new position this week and then my manager had to take up all of what I would have been doing for KC for the next two months. Now this is a HUGE opportunity for me and I'm thrilled but this week I've found myself on TWO full time clients and having to carry out two new business pitches! It has been insane. Probably the hardest week I've ever been through in my 4.5 years in the marketing world. I'm so thankful for this opportunity and to see what it brings to my career but I'm also very thankful for Friday today!

With the new job this week I've had some great opportunities to try a lot of new things. We had a big Target project this week and I had to head there quite frequently after work or before to catch up on the latest. I was not complaining about this by any means because I absolutely love target. It was around 8pm on Wednesday and I still had to make it to Target, it was too late to rent a car so I decided to try out the 24 Bus. I had no idea it would take me right to the West Loop Target. It was only about a 20 minute ride and I was there. I highly recommend the 24 bus if you ever need to get to Target from the loop and not feeling the new city Target on State. It is a great alternative if you do not want to take the red or orange line that late.

I had other big news this week, last night I agreed to be setup by a co-worker. My poor Creative Director has been dying to set me up with this guy that she worked with before and has been nagging me for about a month. I gave in and received some texts from him this week and we're planning to meet next week. I've been on a blind date before but never a setup. I'll be sure to have the updates next week.

I've also managed to give directions to 4 people this week just walking to and from work. Apparently in my 4 plus years here I've become someone that looks like I know what I'm doing. Sometimes I feel like I'm a walking zombie going to and from work but apparently I still am approachable. I helped direct this darling couple to Daivd Burke's Primehouse on Monday. If you haven't tried you need to immediately! I went two years back with my old roomies and it was delicious! Probably the biggest popover I've ever seen. I recommend going during restaurant week so that you can enjoy without breaking the bank.

All and all it's been quite the week and I'm so excited for my brother to arrive tonight. We've got quite the weekend planned but I'm dreading our 10K race tomorrow morning. I managed to survive the stairs this past Sunday but my running is not up to par. Wish us luck tomorrow AM as we'll be starting at Navy Pier at 7:30AM. We'll be celebrating Sunday night at the BEARS game!

Lots of fun new things to talk about next week. I wish you all a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment