Monday, November 12, 2012

Ted's first 10K Race

Welcome back from the weekend everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the extremely warm weather that we had here in Chicago and dodged the crazy rain storms.


A while back my brother and I decided to sign up for the Chicago Perfect Ten 10K just after I had completed my first 10K in August. Little did I think that I would be able to do the Stairs on Sunday and then the 10K race that next Saturday but we made it through!

My brother flew in Friday night from Columbus and we went straight to Trattoria Roma to load up on their delicious pasta and bread for the race. If you haven't tried this quaint Italian restaurant on Wells you must! It is one of my favorite spots in the city because of it's amazing homemade pastas and the staff is always so friendly. We shared the bruchetta, Cesar salad, spinach raviolis and the Rigatoni special. It was the perfect meal to have before Ted's first running race.


 We woke up bright and early and was greeting with the perfect running weather. We geared up and headed down to Navy Pier. The race was supposed to start at 7:45 but they delayed by 45 mins because there wasn't enough volunteers to setup the race. It was a beautiful Saturday morning run but the race could have been run a little bit better.

Ted did a great job and is excited to start training for his Half Marathon in May next year. I was very excited to finish, as I did not train as well for this race as the one I did in August. I was hurting a little more than I would have normally but all and all it was a great race to do with Ted.


Finish Line



 We're all done and ready to go celebrate!

It was a great first to run with my brother and I look forward to more races that we complete. We'll be running with our sister for the 5K Turkey Trot in just about a week in CT.


No comments:

Post a Comment